One thing that has really been great about this new place to live is the secretive nature of this little neighborhood.
It's in Seoul, but a in far-flung corner of this great city. On a quiet college campus, behind a classroom building.
If you don't know exactly where to look, you might never find it. (Here's a picture of my street, just so you get the idea. My house is on the right.)
So I've been thinking, what is it about hidden places? Why do I feel absolute joy when I discover something secret, something hidden out of view?
Maybe it gives me a renewed sense of mystery of this world. Maybe there is some deep psychological compulsion that I have - to find things no one else knows about.
Or maybe, just maybe, there is something deeply spiritual about a hidden place. The fact that God meets me in my hidden places. Maybe finding them elsewhere reminds me to enter in to those places within myself.
And so, to close, I give you a picture of my most hidden space: my bathroom. Specifically, my washer, which is conspicuously placed right next to, or in, the shower. There is no way to really make this picture look cool. It's not cool.
But it is secret. And I love it.


i love your photos
ReplyDelete