Tuesday, March 6, 2012

a diary of dinners.

So let me just start by confessing that I'm usually exceedingly annoyed by those among us who insist on taking pictures of everything they eat. I mean, really? Like all your Facebook friends need to keep apprised of your caloric intake play-by-play? Or your fancy-schmancy organic local vegan nonsense? Really?

With that said, I am now guilty of presenting photo evidence of some of my weekly meals for your enjoyment. Okay, okay, less for your enjoyment and really more just to prove to myself and my mother that I have, indeed, managed to cook for myself for over a week. Now that I live more in the middle of nowhere than I ever have before, I've turned in to a bit of a hermit. Which means that I have started to actually feed myself, instead of letting other people do it.

So, Mom, here it is. My diary of dinners. Well, mostly just the all-stars. (Which means the ones I remembered to take pictures of...)

 A stir-fry of various veggies with egg, chicken, and beef over rice noodles soaked in coconut milk.

 Seasoned baked salmon over pasta and green beans seasoned with white truffle salt. I particularly enjoyed the plating of this one!

I don't totally remember what was in this one... looks like cabbage, green beans, mushrooms, and probably chicken. I'm sure I threw some balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and seasonings in that too. I'm pretty sure it was delicious.


So now, feel free to make fun of me for my food pics... it will be rightfully deserved. 


xoxox

No comments:

Post a Comment